When choosing a card payment terminal you need to decide on the type of unit you require (fixed, portable or mobile) and the most suitable connection (dial up, wireless, broadband etc.) alongside your intended budget. Therefore, your primary criteria will be cost alongside level of service needed for customers. After that, you can decide how many terminals you require and consider terminal features such as battery life, built in memory, style of screen, type of receipt printer and how the terminal reads credit or debit cards (Chip & Pin, magnetic strip or contactless).
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- For what type of business does it make sense to use a card terminal?
- What’s the difference between fixed and mobile card payment terminals?
- Which credit card machine is right for a small business?
- Is it possible to hire a credit card terminal for a short time?
- Is it cheaper to take a card machine from my merchant account provider?
- When should I consider a card terminal from a supplier other than my merchant bank?
- How do I choose an Epos system for my business?
- Will an Epos system be useful for a small business?