There are two main types of card payment terminals; countertop and mobile. Countertop or fixed card terminals are ideal for any business with a fixed sales counter and are extremely easy to set up. Card payments are made through the reader which is connected to the static till point or cash register, creating a fully integrated payment solution. A mobile card payment terminal, however, is more suited to a business which takes a service directly to the customer (such as restaurants, mobile hairdressers or plumbers). These can either be portable units which operate within a set distance to a base unit or be a completely wireless terminal for mobile businesses.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- What are card machines?
- What services are typically offered with a card machine?
- How do I go about upgrading my card terminal?
- If my business expands, can I add more terminals to accept card payments?
- Can I get multiple card machines in the same deal?
- What are the benefits of an Epos system?
- Does the Epos provider also provide support?
- How long does it take to train the staff to use the Epos system?
- What is an Epos system?
- What is the difference between Epos and Pos?