Installing an Epos system may look like a daunting task to those who are not familiar with it, even more so to some who have never done it and contemplate getting their first equipment.
However, if taken care of by a qualified professional, installing an Epos may take no more than four weeks, and up to six weeks.
First, hardware needs to be configured, and software needs to be programmed to meet your specific needs and business setup, which can take up to 21 days, or up to six weeks for very specific industry needs.
In the meanwhile, businesses will also need to setup a merchant account for electronic payments, which may take up to three weeks.
Second, the whole package is shipped so that it becomes possible to install the Epos - shipping may take up to seven days.
Finally, it’s all about physically installing the Epos system, which may take one or three hours depending whether cables need to be pulled from one room to another, or even more if the system will not be used on counter top, but integrated within the shop’s furniture, and carpentry work needs to be done.
However, to successfully install an Epos, you also need to consider the time it will take to train your staff members how to use it, and allow further time for them to really become familiar with the Epos. That’s why ultimately, thinking about having to wait two to three months before your Epos becomes fully operational and productive would not be wide off the mark.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- How do credit card terminals work?
- What are the components of a card processing solution?
- How does a Bluetooth terminal function?
- How does a wireless card terminal function?
- How does a dial up terminal work?
- What are my card terminal connection options?
- What are the latest evolutions in PDQ machines?
- How do I operate my card terminal?
- What are the requirements for using a Chip and PIN machine?
- How long does a PDQ terminal last?
- How do I know payments taken with a card machine are secure?
- Can I turn my computer into a cash register?
- How does a counterfeit detector work?
- Do Epos systems include stock control?
- What type of hardware can I connect to an Epos system?
- Is an Internet connection required for an Epos system?