Find the right corporate credit card for your business
Getting a corporate credit card for yourself and your employees may seem like a simple, good idea. It is, but the range of benefits and services that come along with these business credit cards may surprise you. Today, having business credit cards is no longer just a matter of separating your business expenses from your personal expenses, it is an entire branch of corporate finance with its own trends and competitive pressures. This guide takes you through the main options you will be offered and suggests ways to achieve the best deal and find the perfect corporate credit card for your business.
- The financial argument for business credit cards
- The administrative argument for business credit cards
- The 'extras' argument for business credit cards
Putting business expenses on a corporate credit card makes financial sense for lots of reasons:
• Business credit cards save you having to pay the charge for writing a business cheque.
• They give you an interest free credit period - normally around 56 days.
• Having a corporate credit card means you don't need to have so much petty cash in your office or in your employees' pockets.
• They generally provide purchase protection insurance, both for transactions made in person and those made online.
• Business credit cards can help ease your cash flow and make your expense budgeting more predictable and manageable.