Remote wireless payment terminals are a popular option for mobile businesses that provide a product or service on the move or at a customer’s house. Wireless card terminals transmit the card data using cellular or satellite networks directly from the handset, so there is no need for a static hub or cash desk. Wireless terminals run on chargeable batteries and can be used virtually anywhere with mobile network coverage. Transactions will be authorised almost immediately and payment can be made via Chip & Pin or with new Contactless technology. Laptops and smartphones can also be turned into wireless payment terminals using specialist software or apps.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- How do credit card terminals work?
- What are the components of a card processing solution?
- How does a Bluetooth terminal function?
- How does a dial up terminal work?
- What are my card terminal connection options?
- What are the latest evolutions in PDQ machines?
- How do I operate my card terminal?
- What are the requirements for using a Chip and PIN machine?
- How long does a PDQ terminal last?
- How do I know payments taken with a card machine are secure?