New Search :
We suggest you :

Products and services



Fleet insurance documentation?

Question asked by Hendrick

Are there any specific documents my fleet drivers need to have in hand whilst on the road?

response from John Englund

Your fleet drivers are required by law to be in possession of two car insurance documents when driving:

Certificate of Motor Insurance: a document that proves your compliance with the vehicle insurance requirement under the Road Traffic Act. Drivers need to show this in the event of an accident or if you make a claim.

MOT certificate: any vehicle three years old or older must have a valid MOT certificate, which proves that it has passed an annual test for safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions required for driving on public roads in the UK. The name “MOT” derives from the Ministry of Transport, an ancestor of the current Department for Transport.