Secure Trading is a relatively recent addition to the market of merchant services providers, but has managed to develop a complete offer of services, including payment processing products for all payment methods, and payment gateways. Although it does not provide its clients with merchant accounts itself, this merchant services provider does help its business customers to quickly find the best acquiring merchant bank for their needs and open up their accounts to start doing business online.
About Secure Trading
Secure Trading is a relatively recent provider of merchant services which considers its independence as a key asset. Although it does not supply its customers with merchant accounts, it does help them find the best account, with unbiased advice.
A relatively recent player on the Epos market
Secure Trading was founded in 1997 in the UK, and was taken over by the UC Group of global e-commerce companies in 1999. The company is now integrated with major banks of several countries worldwide, and has developed compatibility with many online shopping cart systems, e-wallet and e-payment services. The company now has offices both in the UK and in the US.
Not a merchant account provider
Secure Trading advertises its independence as one of its trump cards. Contrary to many other merchant services providers, this provider does not provide merchant account solutions, so its customers have to find an acquiring bank to complete their Epos setup.
But the company provides independent advice to its customers on the best acquiring bank, shopping cart and e-commerce solutions for their needs, and actually helps its customers set up their merchant accounts so they can start marking online sales.
Secure Trading’s merchant solutions
Merchant solutions include a virtual terminal for cardholder not present transactions and of course, a powerful payment gateway.
Secure Trading’s virtual terminal
The company provides virtual terminals for its customers to accept distant payments by credit or debit card, through the phone or by mail.
This service has the following features:
- support for multiple users;
- support for multiple currencies;
- support for recurring payments;
- MOTO payment capability through a PCI-DSS compliant IVR system (over the phone);
- support for alternative payment methods such as AstroPay, ELV, GE Money, iDeal, PayPal, Smart Cheque, Sofort banking, and other e-wallet solutions, bank transfers, prepaid cards, store cards and direct debit systems.
Secure Trading provides a trusted payment gateway system so that its business customers may accept credit card payments on their e-commerce websites. Features of this payment gateway include:
- 99.97% uptime record;
- multiple payment options and support for alternative payment cards or protocols (see above);
- payment request system through e-mail links on a fully branded invoice;
- real-time reporting;
- multiple integration options: hosted system, web services or Stapi.