It is in the interest of a hotel to maintain a maximum level of hygiene, because the state of cleanliness contributes to the commercial success of the establishment. Cleaning a hotel can therefore become a real strategic element.
Hotel cleaning, an economic approach
To maintain a good reputation and retain customers, hotels must always maintain an impeccable level of cleanliness at the risk of seeing their attendance decrease. Cleaning operations are therefore considered as a fundamental element of the quality image of these public reception facilities.
Moreover, as occupancy rates vary greatly from week to week and season to season, cleaning companies have adapted their offer to this context: tailor-made hotel cleaning contracts are established because all rooms do not necessarily have to be cleaned at the same time.
Hotel cleaning, who is in charge?
There are two possibilities for cleaning a hotel:
• Recruit staff internally. This is especially the case for large institutions with a sufficient budget.
• Outsource the hotel cleaning to a specialized company. A clear and precise roadmap must be established at the beginning of the collaboration. Even if these companies are trained to meet the requirements of the hotel industry, a tailor-made contract must be concluded that takes into account seasonality and the other specificities of your business.
Cleaning of rooms and maintenance of common areas
Cleaning a hotel requires several services that you can ask to specify in the quotes of the service providers requested:
Cleaning the inside the hotel
• The rooms:
- vacuuming, polishing and drying of floors, application of bactericide and fungicide on carpets
- dust removal, cleaning and polishing of furniture and woodwork: cupboards, dressing rooms, shelves, headboards, desks, TV furniture...
- cleaning of bathrooms: disinfection of toilets, cleaning and disinfection of showers and baths, soap dishes, towel dryers, replacement of toilet paper...
- window cleaning: washing, drying, polishing
- replacement of bed linen
- replacement of bathroom towels
• The common areas of the hotel:
- cleaning of floors in corridors, floor levels and lobby: vacuuming, disinfection, application of detergent, garbage collection, polishing, drying....
- disinfection of parts in contact with hands: elevator buttons, timers, switches, beverage machines and snacks...
Cleaning of the outside of the hotel
- cleaning of car parks: vacuuming and sweeping of the ground
- maintenance of dustbin location
- maintenance of green spaces: garbage collection, watering of plants and flower beds
- cleaning of relaxation areas: swimming pool, terrace...
Equipment adapted to hotel cleaning
It is necessary to use suitable equipment:
- A streamlined cart: Used by the staff to transport broomsticks, cleaning products, mops, replacement cloths, garbage bags... It has several compartments.
- A vacuum cleaner: There are several models of vacuum cleaners, for bedrooms as well as for outdoors or wet rooms. For example, hotel cleaning staff use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner for kitchens and dining rooms that can remove dry or liquid waste.
- A single brush: Equipped with a circular brush, the single brush is used to clean hard floors (concrete, marble, tiles, etc.). In its mini version, it is effective for cleaning vertical surfaces such as pillars or baseboards. It is ideal for cleaning inaccessible areas and is ideal for intensive use.
- A scrubber-dryer: It cleans the floor, with water and detergent, and vacuum dirty water. It therefore replaces the single disc machine and the water vacuum cleaner advantageously. A rotating brush is used to thoroughly clean and polish the treated surfaces. This system washes and dries the floors very quickly. It is used for cleaning halls and corridors.
- A steam cleaner: It is particularly recommended for room maintenance, as the diffusion of steam at high temperature effectively fights bacteria and dirt. Steam can be applied to all surfaces: carpet, sink, armchair, bed, toilet, remote controls, door handles, etc.
Are you looking for a hotel cleaning company? Fill a free request for quote in commercial cleaning!