Benefits of Epos over traditional point of sale systems are quite striking. They are related to reporting, stock management, accountability, speed and efficiency, and accuracy.
Because Epos systems are part of a connected system, maintenance of sales and inventory become essentially effortless, instant and more accurate. All product data is automatically pulled from the product catalogue through barcode reading and inventory matching, all customer data is directly pulled from the CRM to calculate personalised discounts where applicable.
Since all operations are centralised, it’s also much easier to manage a pool of sales stations, without having to program each terminal individually.
Epos systems are connected with the inventory and human resource data also allow Epos to provide inventory reports and sales reports, with per-staff member figures if needed. This can be used as a management tool, but also as a security tool to detect and prevent fraud.
This latter aspect also illustrates the Epos benefits related to accountability: Epos helps built better accountability for each member of staff individually, and for the business itself taken as a whole.
This also helps making better, more accurate inventory forecasts, by programming alerts which will be automatically triggered when inventory levels hit a certain point. This allows suppliers to track sales and purchasing data, and identify popular products, versus unpopular ones instantly.
Finally, Epos benefits your business’s image in the eyes of your customers, who are handed out nice-looking, colourful receipts, and receive faster, more accurate, more personalised in-store service.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- What are card machines?
- What types of card payment terminals are available?
- What services are typically offered with a card machine?
- How do I go about upgrading my card terminal?
- If my business expands, can I add more terminals to accept card payments?
- Can I get multiple card machines in the same deal?
- Does the Epos provider also provide support?
- How long does it take to train the staff to use the Epos system?
- What is an Epos system?
- What is the difference between Epos and Pos?