- Save time and money by letting us do the legwork for you
- We will look at the most suitable and competitive providers for you
- Our expert service is 100 % free with no-obligation
- Get the options to make an informed decision and get the best deal
Commercial cleaning : What are specialised cleaning companies?
So-called "specialised" cleaning companies can provide classic services for offices or buildings insofar as they work for particular sectors of activity, meeting specific cleanliness, hygiene and safety requirements.
Specialized cleaning companies: for which sectors?
Specialized cleaning companies target specific sectors such as:
- The agri-food industry: the requirements in terms of food safety and hygiene in the production chain from transport to storage have led cleaning professionals to develop techniques and processes specific to this branch of activity.
- The hospital sector: the risk of contamination by nosocomial diseases requires cleaning methods that follow a strict protocol.
- The hotels: this is a sector in which brand image and customer satisfaction are directly linked to the level of cleanliness and hygiene of the establishment.
In these sectors of activity, specialized cleaning services are qualified as such because they require specific skills and techniques.
What are the services provided by specialized cleaning companies?
In the hospital sector:
- Frequent ventilation of the facility by the cleaning company, to remove viruses and bacteria from the air.
- Meticulous cleaning and disinfection of surfaces in contact with hands to avoid the transmission of nosocomial diseases.
- Use of a scrubber-dryer or single-disc machine to thoroughly wash floors.
- Application of a solution to make soils impermeable.
In the hotel business:
- Thorough cleaning of bathrooms.
- Application of fungicides and bactericides to carpets and floors.
- High temperature cleaning of bed and bath linens.
- Washing, drying and polishing of windows.
In the agri-food sector:
This sector is especially concerned with cleaning issues. Contamination, food residues... companies are subject to strict rules about hygiene and food safety. The slightest incident (intoxication of a consumer, for example) is immediately reported in the media, with the direct consequence of customer disavowal and major economic difficulties.
Choosing the right service provider for the cleaning and disinfection of the premises is therefore crucial. It is better to turn to cleaning companies specialized in this field (adapted equipment, trained staff) and compare several quotes tailored to your specific business requirements.
Specialized cleaning company, specific procedures and protocols
Depending on the sectors, the protocols and procedures of cleaning companies can vary. However, there is a general process common to all. The principle is to start the work with the least contaminated areas and surfaces and end up in the areas most exposed to the risks of bacteria and viruses.
A 3-step cleaning process:
- Dusting, vacuuming and wet cleaning,
- Total surface disinfection with the use of powerful detergent and disinfectant,
- Biocleaning: a special process to eliminate bacteria and micro-organisms using steam combined with the application of a special product.
In addition, the cleaning companies in charge of this work must follow a rigorous protocol:
- Wear a specific outfit such as a blouse.
- Wash hands repeatedly and disinfect them with a bactericide.
- Wear gloves.
- Wear protective glasses.
- Wear special shoes.
Discover the buying guide in Commercial cleaning
Hospital and medical cleaning services
Construction and building site cleaning services
Floor cleaning: the two-bucket mopping system
What is disaster clean up?
Window cleaning: techniques, costs and service providers
What cleaning services are offered to businesses?
Hygiene standards specific to restaurants, laundries and agri-food companies