in less than 1 minute!
Lightspeed POS software
Lightspeed is a software publisher specialising in the very strategic field of Electronic Point of Sale System software. After ten years of impressive growth, Lightspeed POS, available for e-commerce and on-site use, with special developments for the retail and restaurant sectors, has become one of the most advanced POS system products in the world.
Company background and products
Lightspeed POS is one of the fastest growing EPOS solutions providers. In fact, it is simply one of the fastest growing Canadian companies, all sectors considered.
Lightspeed POS was founded by Dax Dasilva in Montreal, Canada, in 2005. It has been growing ever since at the incredible rate of 1900% per year, attracting investment from Accel Partners, iNovia capital, the Caisse de dépôt et placements du Québec, and Investissement Québec.
Lightspeed reports the following impressive figures:
- $12 billion of transactions processed by their customers every year,
- more than 250 certified partners worldwide,
- a customer list of more than 34,000 businesses using Lightspeed in 100 countries,
- over 440 employees across seven offices located in Montreal and Ottawa in Canada, New York City, Olympia and Santa Cruz, California in the USA, Ghent in Belgium, Amsterdam in The Netherlands, Frankfurt in Germany, and of course London in the UK.
Specific variations of the Lightspeed POS software are available for the following businesses:
- Businesses in the retail sector,
- E-commerce businesses.
Notable editions of the Lightspeed POS software
Sporting a modern style, advanced features and complete equipment, the Yuno and Sango models are J2 Retail Systems’ most recognisable Epos systems.
The eCommerce product from Lightspeed is a cloud-based solution with the following features:
- inventory management,
- fully customisable templates,
- marketing tools,
- international tax support,
- order management,
- secure server hosting.
One interesting development of the Lightspeed POS software is omnichannel integration, allowing businesses to seamlessly manage online and high street shop operations.
Pricing starts at £33 per month for the “essential package”, goes up to £59 for the “advanced” package and peaks at £111 for the professional package.
Lightspeed OnSite product
Lightspeed OnSite works on any Macintosh computer and Lightspeed can also provide accessories such as barcode scanners, card swipes, printers, cash drawers, label printers.
The OnSite version of the Lightspeed POS software itself sports the following features:
- inventory management,
- detailed sales reports and in-depth data reports,
- quoting, ordering and invoicing capabilities,
- human resources and timesheet edition.
The pricing system is user-based and usage-based:
- small shops can expect to pay £51 per month for one user under a 14-month plan,
- medium shops can expect to pay £85 per month for two users under a under a 14-month plan,
- large shops can expect to pay £145 per month for four users under a under a 14-month plan.