in under 1-Min!
Transax merchant services
Transax merchant services are provided by Transax, a little-known player in the Epos industry, but with a long history and wide operational range. Although Transax merchant services include many value added services seldom seen in the product portfolio of payment services specialists, the company is mostly known as a reseller of credit card machines of all types.
Transax is an independent payment services provider providing a wide range of merchant services, but still mostly known for its card machine reselling business.
Transax, an independent payment services provider
Transax started business in Birmingham, England, 1986 and quickly became one of Britain’s largest independent payment specialists. So large in fact that Transax merchant services are now distributed in the UK, but also in Ireland and France.
Transax is part of Fidelity National Information services one of the biggest banking and payment technology providers globally, founded in Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 1968. Transax became known as a cheaper average pricing as this provider advertises it can save organisations 40% of their card processing costs. Transax merchant services have been adopted by 18,000 merchants in the UK, Ireland and France, processing over 2 million transactions every day in over 80,000 locations.
Scope of Transax merchant services
Transax merchant services include many products, besides the reselling of credit card machines for which Transax has been known for in the UK, including:
- Mobile phone top-ups, which earns commissions to partner businesses;
- Currency conversion;
- Cheque warranty which allows shopkeepers to accept cheques of any value, without worrying whether the customer actually has corresponding funds on his account;
- Cash advances of up to £150,000.
Card machines by Transax merchant services
Although Transax does not manufacture card machines (also known as PDQ machines or chip-and-pin machines), the company is mostly known for the range of third-party credit card machines which Transax distributes. Countertop, portable and mobile models are proposed.
Countertop card machines
Countertop card machines offered by Transax include:
- The Ingenico iCT250, which supports contactless payments, sale, refund, cashback, tips, cardholder not present transactions...;
- The Verifone Vx250, with currency conversion, contactless payments, table and server number for each transaction, pre-authorisation, cardholder-not-present transactions...
Portable card machines
Portable card machines include:
- The Ingenico iWL252, which supports contactless payments, Apple Pay, sale, refund, cashback, up to 99 individual servers, cardholder-not-present transactions, all over Bluetooth connections;
- The Verifone Vx680, which has all these features, plus pre-authorisation and foreign currency conversion.
Mobile card machines
Mobile card machines include:
- The Ingenico iWL251, which supports contactless payments, Apple Pay, sale, refund, cashback, up to 99 individual servers, cardholder-not-present transactions, using GPRS connections;
- The Verifone Vx680 and its 240 x 320 pixel colour TFT screen, which supports all these features, plus pre-authorisation and foreign currency conversion over GPRS.
Discover the buying guide for Merchant services
RBS merchant services
Secure Trading, a growing merchant services provider
Barclays merchant services
Worldpay: merchant services
First Data’s move into a simple and all-inclusive Epos system
First Data Merchant solutions
Magento payment gateways
Universal Payment Gateway - a truly universal payment platform?
Google merchant account
Lloyds merchant services
PayPal merchant services and PayPal virtual terminal