Many small businesses are worried about the cost and complexity of a full Epos system. True, an Epos system includes many components, and the bill can be thousands of pounds. True, in addition to hardware and software costs, Epos have to be installed, maintained, regularly updated, and staff trained to use it.
But Epos systems have become so necessary, so widespread that business practices, and commercial packages have also changed as competition increased.
Epos systems are now cheaper and easier to use.
Epos systems are cheaper, even when businesses wish to acquire the necessary hardware. A full integrated Epos system with a till, display, cash drawer and necessary software may be as cheap as £700.
Businesses even shorter in cash flow, or willing to use a more complete, more advanced system, may now consider the many leasing and rental options available on the market. Epos for small businesses may be rented for as cheap as £20 per month. Leasing options require a deposit of a few hundred pounds but will allow businesses to become owners of the system.
Leasing and rental plans also allow simpler use of their Epos by small businesses as all the training, maintenance and upgrades are done by the provider as part of the package.
Epos are now easier to use, also because technology has improved. An Epos for small business will be very easy to operate and flexible, allowing as much ease of use in a twenty sales station environment as in a lone cash desk store. This flexibility allows even cheaper options, such as turning any PC into a cash register by simply installing a free Epos software, and adding necessary peripherals to the desktop or notebook.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- For what type of business does it make sense to use a card terminal?
- What’s the difference between fixed and mobile card payment terminals?
- Which credit card machine is right for a small business?
- Is it possible to hire a credit card terminal for a short time?
- Is it cheaper to take a card machine from my merchant account provider?
- What are the primary criteria for choosing a card machine?
- When should I consider a card terminal from a supplier other than my merchant bank?
- How do I choose an Epos system for my business?