Discover the most frequently asked Coffee Machines questions
What are the benefits of great coffee in the office?
Great coffee at work is easy with espresso machines, which are widely available and surprisingly affordable.
Espresso machines are fast becoming a sign of a good office environment and top notch hospitality. Offering easy access to a high quality beverage makes your staff feel valued, and it also makes a great impression on clients and visitors. And contrary to common belief, espresso machines are not overly expensive.
An espresso machine works by heating water quickly through a thermo block and pumping it through the grounds at high pressure to draw out the flavour. Ground coffee is most commonly used (and works out at only a few pence per cup), although some models will grind whole beans first or be compatible with capsules. You can get a basic machine for less than £100 and more sophisticated models may cost up to £500.
Coffee machine features
To ensure longevity, look for a trusted brand. A few important features to bear in mind are:
- A large water capacity will reduce the need for refilling. Some machines can be filled directly from the tap without the need to carry water across the kitchen.
- If you are looking to use whole bean coffee, avoid machines with inbuilt grinders. These can be noisy and much more expensive.
- Look for a machine that is convenient and comes with clear instructions.
- A steam pipe allows you to froth hot milk or create foam so that you can make other types of coffee.
- A cup warmer is important so that coffee is served in cups warmed by the heat the machine generates.