Many merchant banks offer card terminals and accessories as part of their contract. But this is not always the best solution. If you are an occasional trader who will only be taking card payments for short lengths of time (at exhibitions for example) it may be cheaper to take a short term leasing deal with a specialist terminal provider who can offer you the flexibility you need. However, you will also still require a merchant account from a merchant bank in order to accept the payments. Always remember to shop around for the best deals and don’t assume that your merchant bank will always be giving you the best deal on a terminal.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- For what type of business does it make sense to use a card terminal?
- What’s the difference between fixed and mobile card payment terminals?
- Which credit card machine is right for a small business?
- Is it possible to hire a credit card terminal for a short time?
- Is it cheaper to take a card machine from my merchant account provider?
- What are the primary criteria for choosing a card machine?
- How do I choose an Epos system for my business?
- Will an Epos system be useful for a small business?