Deciding on the right credit card machine largely depends on the type of service being offered, how your business operates, whether a dedicated dial up telephone line is available and whether the terminal needs to be taken directly to the customer or not.
Fixed card payment terminals are ideal for static trading outlets such as shops, where customers come to a till point to pay for goods. However, a portable card machine is usually more suitable for restaurants, bars or other outlets where a card machine needs to be taken directly to the customer whilst on the premises. Mobile card machines allow you to accept payment almost anywhere and so are perfect for tradesmen, taxis or portable services that visit customers directly.
- For what type of business does it make sense to use a card terminal?
- What’s the difference between fixed and mobile card payment terminals?
- Is it possible to hire a credit card terminal for a short time?
- Is it cheaper to take a card machine from my merchant account provider?
- What are the primary criteria for choosing a card machine?
- When should I consider a card terminal from a supplier other than my merchant bank?