Merchant card service providers typically offer card machines along with their processing services. You may also purchase your credit card reader separately, from one of a growing number of UK suppliers, and still use it with your existing merchant service provider. When you buy or rent a card payment terminal from a specialist provider, you can get far more than just the hardware.
Not only do you benefit from accepting secure card payments, make transactions in all major currencies, print receipts, accept gift cards, administer special promotions and achieve full compliance with PCI DSS industry standards, providers also offer full installation, connection, training and service packages. In addition, many suppliers provide merchant accounts, accountancy software, opportunity to accept telephone and virtual payments and monthly statements and reports.
- What is a credit card machine?
- What kind of card payment terminals are available?
- What is a card reader and how does it work?
- If my business expands, can I add more terminals to accept card payments?
- Can I get multiple card machines in the same deal?