Fixed debit and credit card terminals are reliable countertop units that can be integrated into existing Point of Sale systems and cash registers. A fixed telephone line or cabled Internet connection is required. Fixed card payment systems can also incorporate portable terminals that can be moved around, but are still connected to a static hub via Bluetooth. Mobile card payment terminals work via a mobile phone connection and so transactions can be processed virtually anywhere with mobile network coverage. Choosing between a fixed or mobile card payment terminal will largely depend on the type of business you operate and the services your business offers.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- For what type of business does it make sense to use a card terminal?
- Which credit card machine is right for a small business?
- Is it possible to hire a credit card terminal for a short time?
- Is it cheaper to take a card machine from my merchant account provider?
- What are the primary criteria for choosing a card machine?
- When should I consider a card terminal from a supplier other than my merchant bank?
- How do I choose an Epos system for my business?
- Will an Epos system be useful for a small business?