Canon fax machines
Known for its cameras and printers, Canon is also a reputed manufacturer of fax machines. Notable fax machines include both regular fax machines using laser printing technology and multi-function printers with fax functionality.
About Canon fax machines
While Canon started out as a manufacturer of cameras, the evolution to the production of fax machines naturally came along as soon as these machines were invented. Canon then became a major manufacturer of all kinds of fax machines.
Kwanon was originally a model of camera produced by the Seiki-kogaku-kenkyujo company of Japan, founded in 1933. The company was renamed to Precision Optical Industry Limited in 1937, and then to Canon Camera Company in 1947, and simply Canon in 1969. The first Canon fax machines appeared as early as 1965. The manufacturer of cameras greatly diversified its business after it started to produce faxes but also copiers, medical imagery products, optical and broadcast products like X-ray devices and even Virtual Reality headsets.
Range of Canon fax machines
Canon fax machines are now only produced using two technologies:
- laser fax machines for heavy-duty, small-business and large corporate use;
- multi-function printers with fax machine functionality, either using inkjet printing or laser printing technologies.
One interesting technology developed by Canon is the “Super 3G fax”, allowing users to send photos directly from a wireless PictBridge camera, to the fax machine for faxing, therefore not requiring the use of a computer.
Selection of notable models
Notable Canon fax machines include both multi-function printers with fax functionality and regular fax machines.
Canon fax machines
Canon ceased exporting fax machines relying on thermal printing technologies. Therefore, Canon fax machines today are only using laser printing technology.
Notable models include:
- Canon i-Sensys FAX-L140, with 340-page transmit and receive fax memory, 15 one-touch speed dials and 100 coded speed dials, all-in-one ink toner, copying functionality, 30-page paper feeder and 150-page capacity;
- Canon i-Sensys FAX-L380S, with 510-page transmit and receive memory, 18ppm printing speed, 600 dpi resolution printing, 50-page document feeder and 250-sheet paper capacity;
- Canon i-Sensys FAX-L3000IP, a network laser machine with fax, print and copy functionalities, 1500-page memory, 22ppm printing speed, 50-page document feeder and a total capacity of 1100 sheets.
Canon Multi-function printers with fax machine functionality
Canon multi-function printers represent another popular category of Canon fax machines. The variety of products can cover the needs for a home/office user up to small business operations.
- The Canon PIXMA MX922 is a popular home/office wireless colour photo multi-function printer with fax functionality;
- The Canon Laser imageCLASS MF4770N is a monochrome laser multifunction printer for small office use, with fax functionality;
- The Canon imageCLASS MF6160dw is a wireless monochrome laser multifunction printer with fax functionality, capable of printing at speed of up to 35ppm.
Discover the buying guide for Copiers and printers
Samsung fax machines
Brother fax machines
Choosing a Samsung photocopier: a few facts and figures
Panasonic fax machines: products and solutions
From thermal transfer to laser technology: discover the Philips fax machine range
Olivetti photocopiers: products and services
Konica Minolta photocopiers: a wide range of solutions for your office needs
HP fax machines
Ricoh photocopiers: the sustainable solution for your company