HP has been one of the most recognisable brands in office equipment since its inception more than 80 years ago. Known by the individual consumer for its home/office multi-function printers, the US company also produces reputed heavy-duty HP photocopiers for large businesses.
About HP photocopiers
Hewlett-Packard has been producing all sorts of business machines for over 80 years, and has now positioned itself as one of the leading manufacturers of photocopiers for businesses of all sizes.
HP, or Hewlett-Packard was founded by engineers Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard in 1935, operating… from their garage. Their first products included innovative light bulbs and oscillators. After the war, HP was one of the first companies to produce semiconductors in the Silicon Valley and started producing business computers in the 1970s, and scientific calculators. HP then diversified its businesses by offering home/office PC-related equipment, including printers.
Range of HP photocopiers
After Xerox and Canon respectively, HP became one of the first companies to produce laser copiers and printers. HP produces both inkjet and laser photocopiers, both for home/office use and large corporate, heavy-duty needs. The multi-function printer line of products is the foundation of HP’s range of home/office printers.
Selection of notable models
Notable HP photocopiers can be grouped in two categories: multifunction printers for home/office use, and heavy-duty LaserJet series laser photocopiers.
HP is one of the most popular makers of cheap, versatile multi-function printers covering basic photocopying needs worldwide. Notable models include:
- The HP Envy 7640, an affordable inkjet multi-function printer, printing up t 14 pages per minute, with borderless printing, and scan to e-mail functions;
- The Officejet 8040, an inkjet multi-function printer with a 25-sheet automatic document feeder, which can print, copy, scan, fax over wireless connections;
- The HP Color LaserJet pro MFP M277dw, an affordable entry in the range of HP photocopiers, with wireless connectivity, which can print up to 19 pages per minute both in black and in colour - high yield toners are available.
LaserJet and OfficeJet heavy-duty photocopiers
The LaserJet series of HP photocopiers is the most reliable and advanced product line of HP photocopiers, which can be found in offices of businesses of all size, worldwide. Notable models include:
- The HP Laserjet Pro Color series, which can print in colour up to 28 pages per minute, has a 50-page document feeder and two paper trays as standard equipment;
- The OfficeJet Enterprise Color X585 series of HP photocopiers, which can print up to 44 pages per minute both in black and white and in colour, has a 100-page automatic document feeder, and two paper trays as standard equipment, holding as much as 1050 pages;
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise flow M630 series of models, which can print up to 60 pages per minute, has a 100-sheet automatic document feeder, a 900-sheet stapler stacker, up to 3100-sheet capacity in several trays, and is recommended for a monthly volume of 5,000 to 28,000 pages.
Discover the buying guide for Copiers and printers
Samsung fax machines
Brother fax machines
Choosing a Samsung photocopier: a few facts and figures
Panasonic fax machines: products and solutions
From thermal transfer to laser technology: discover the Philips fax machine range
Olivetti photocopiers: products and services
Konica Minolta photocopiers: a wide range of solutions for your office needs
HP fax machines
Ricoh photocopiers: the sustainable solution for your company
Canon fax machines