More than any other company on the market, Xerox means copiers. Indeed, the history of this company is so linked with photocopying, that it is common for English-speakers to say they just “xerox a document” to mean they photocopy it, no matter the brand of the machine used. The range of Xerox photocopiers is therefore one of the most comprehensive on the market, meeting the needs of businesses of all sizes, globally.
About Xerox photocopiers
Xerox is, and has (almost) always been about photocopiers. Unsurprisingly, the range of Xerox photocopiers, over 100 years after the company was created, is an extremely large one.
Xerox was originally founded in Rochester, New York, USA, in 1906, as the Haloid Photographic company, and for nearly 40 years as a relatively obscure manufacturer of photographic equipment. Joseph C.Wilson acquired the rights for what he called xerography, a revolutionary printing technology, in 1946. Xerox then released the first automatic photocopier based on this technology in 1955. But their first plain paper photocopier was only released in 1959. It was a world’s first, as was the first Xerox telecopier, which gave birth to fax machines, and the first colour copier in 1971.
Range of Xerox photocopiers
Because Xerox simply invented this technology, Xerox photocopiers are all laser photocopiers, either monochrome photocopiers or colour photocopiers. Depending on these Xerox photocopier specifications, they can be more inclined to meet the needs of small businesses, mid-size businesses of large corporations and professionals.
Selection of notable models
Notable Xerox photocopiers can be grouped in two categories depending on target business users: photocopiers for small businesses, mid-size businesses to large corporations or professionals.
Photocopiers for small businesses
Xerox photocopiers for small businesses include:
- The WorkCentre 4265 multi-functional printer, a black and white copier with 53ppm speed, 600x600dpi resolution, 100-sheet document feeder and 1,200-sheet total capacity;
- The ColorQube 8900 colour multi-functional printer, a colour copier with up to 44ppm speed, 600x600dpi resolution, a 50-sheet document feeder and 525-sheet total capacity, going up to 4,000 sheets with optional trays.
Photocopiers for mid-size to large businesses
Xerox also manufactures photocopiers for mid-size business use, including:
- The WorkCentre 4260 copier, a black and white A4 copier with 53ppm speed, 600x600dpi resolution, 50-sheet document feeder and 600-sheet total capacity for a recommended monthly print volume of 30,000 pages;
- The WorkCentre 5945 copier, a black and white A4 copier with 45ppm speed, 600x600dpi resolution, 200-sheet document feeder and a maximum 4,700-sheet total capacity for a recommended monthly print volume of 175,000 pages;
- The ColorQube 9301 colour multi-functional printer, a colour copier with up to 50ppm speed, 600x600dpi resolution, a 50-sheet document feeder and 3,300-sheet total capacity, going up to 7300 sheets with optional trays for a recommended monthly print volume of up to 75,000 pages.
Discover the buying guide for Copiers and printers
Samsung fax machines
Brother fax machines
Choosing a Samsung photocopier: a few facts and figures
Panasonic fax machines: products and solutions
From thermal transfer to laser technology: discover the Philips fax machine range
Olivetti photocopiers: products and services
Konica Minolta photocopiers: a wide range of solutions for your office needs
HP fax machines
Ricoh photocopiers: the sustainable solution for your company
Canon fax machines