Over the years, HP has been producing a large number of industry-acclaimed business fax machines, either as traditional, standalone fax machines, or as multi-function printers with fax functionality. In fact, some models have been so successful that they are still being sought after, and still can actually be found, even though HP has discontinued them officially. Here’s a quick overview of the most notable HP fax machines which can currently be found on the market.
Standalone HP fax machines
Officially, HP has stopped producing standalone, traditional fax machines only very recently. However, many refurbished or even new HP fax machines are still available on the market, sold by specialised b2b providers, or online.
The HP 640 Inkjet fax machine
Released already a few years ago, this HP fax machine has several interesting features:
- it uses inkjet printing technology, bringing much better results than thermal printing technology;
- it uses plain A4 paper rather than fax-specific paper, for much cleaner output;
- it has a 50-sheet tray and a 50-page memory for incoming faxes, for greater autonomy.
The 2140 HP fax machine series
The HP 2140 series represent one of the most advanced series of standalone HP fax machines, with features such as:
- 14.4 kbps modem;
- LCD display;
- plain-paper support;
- 50-page tray;
- copier functionality;
- included telephone set;
- inkjet printing technology;
- 100 speed dials.
Multi-function printers with fax functionality
Multi-function printers with fax functionality is now HP’s key focus on the fax machine market, as it has almost completely deserted the traditional, standalone fax machine market. This range of de facto HP fax machines include several noteworthy models.
HP M476dw wireless colour laser multi-function printer
Although it has been discontinued by the manufacturer, this commercially successful model is still available at many specialised retailers or online stores. Notable features include:
- 50-page automatic document feeder;
- colour, laser printing;
- scanner, copier and fax functionalities,
- two-sided printing.
HP Laserjet Pro M177FW
The HP Laserjet Pro M177FW is another colour laser multi-function printer with fax functionality by HP with the following noteworthy features:
- wireless connectivity;
- 4-colour toner system for colour prints (black, cyan, yellow, magenta);
- 16 pages per minute printing for black and white documents;
- 4 pages per minute for colour documents;
- up to 150 sheets capacity;
- 35-sheet automatic document feeder.
HP Laserjet Color 500
This is one of the most interesting series of models in the modern range of HP fax machines, or rather more exactly, HP multi-function copiers. Recommended for monthly needs of 2,000 to 7,500 pages, the main features of these colour, laser HP fax machines include:
- Up to 40 pages per minute printing speeds;
- A maximum of 5 paper trays for a capacity of thousands of pages;
- 2.0 GB memory;
- Embedded 320 GB hard disk;
- 250-sheet output bin;
- Up to 10 envelopes of envelope input capacity.