The best way to save money on print consumables is to reduce waste printing and ink consumption in the first place. Make sure you print only what you need by using the print preview function to check for any mistakes before printing and print in draft mode, with grey-scale or on a low resolution to save ink (especially more expensive colour ink) on internal and draft documents.
Many printers and photocopiers now come with inbuilt storage and the ability to send and save documents electronically, so consider emailing a document and reading electronically to save on print outs. Ink cartridges can also be professionally refilled for a fraction of the price and discount vouchers given to reward recycling.
- What are the essential criteria for choosing a photocopier?
- Should I buy a colour or a black and white photocopier?
- What are the benefits of laser fax machines?
- How are photocopiers reconditioned?
- What are the latest advances in printer-photocopier technology?
- Where should a photocopier be placed?