Essentially a photocopier makes copies of existing pages and documents without needing to be connected to a computer (although it can be networked), whilst a printer is sent information from a computer which it prints out as directed. A multifunction device acts as a printer as well as a photocopier and also features scanning, email and fax capabilities in the same machine. Deciding whether to hire or purchase a stand-alone printer, photocopier or a multifunction printing device will come down to cost alongside your specific printing needs. Standalone printers and photocopiers tend to be more robust than multifunction devices, though the latter are often more economical.
An additional question: Respond to this Question
- What is a multifunction printer?
- What is a stand-alone photocopier?
- How long is a typical service contract for a printer-photocopier?
- Which is better: inkjet or laserjet printers?
- If I move to a new office can I renegotiate my printer contract?
- What is a fax machine?
- What are photocopier hazards?
- Where should a photocopier be placed?