Discover the most frequently asked Copiers and printers questions
How much does a photocopier cost?
Prices of photocopiers vary greatly depending on a number of factors:
- Printing speeds, in pages per minute (ppm),
- Printing technology (laser copier or inkjet copier),
- Colour printing capability or simply black-and-white,
- Paper management features (how many pages can fit in the trays and magazines, what formats of paper are supported, features such as binding and stapling)...
But before asking “how much is a photocopier?” and starting to compare photocopier prices, the first question one should ask is “ what is a photocopier? ”. Indeed, if basic copy function is needed, multifunction, tabletop printers can be defined as cheap photocopiers.
Traditional photocopiers are bulky, standalone machines capable of much faster printing and with much more advanced document management features – and these photocopiers cost much more money than multifunction printers.
In the UK, photocopier prices can start at:
- Less than £100 for a basic inkjet multifunction printer,
- Less than £400 for a laser, colour multifunction printer,
- Less than £800 for entry-level, standalone black-and-white photocopiers,
- More than £2,500 for a colour photocopier,
- £20 to £120 a month, depending on the specifications and included service, for a photocopier leasing plan, with ink toners selling for about £50-90.
Here’s a more detailed list of photocopier prices by copier type.
Type of printer/copier
Suits the needs of
Inkjet multifunction printer
(under 30 ppm)
Home/office, sole traders
Laser multifunction printer
(under 40 ppm)
Basic standalone photocopier
(under 40 ppm, supports A3 format, large paper compartments)
Small businesses with more than 1,000 copies in monthly printing volume
Colour standalone photocopier
(up to 90 ppm)
SMEs with large production volumes (over 5,000 copies per month)
(100 ppm and over, special paper formats)
Professionals of the printing industry or professionals with specific needs
£18,000 and over
Comparing as many quotes in photocopiers as possible is a good reflex to make sure you get the right device at the right price!
Discover more Copiers and printers questions :
What is the average price of printers made for business use?
What is a typical price range for a multifunction printer?
What finance options are available for printer-photocopiers?
Is leasing a printer-photocopier better than buying or renting one?
How does an office printer leasing contract work?
What is the VAT rate for renting a photocopier?
Can I be reimbursed for VAT when I buy a printer-photocopier?
What sort of maintenance costs can I expect to pay for my printer-photocopier?
How much can I save by purchasing a reconditioned photocopier?
Is professional installation included in the cost of acquisition of a printer-photocopier?
Can I be reimbursed for recycling an old printer-photocopier?
What's the most cost-effective printer-photocopier solution?
Printer buy or lease: what are benefits of each solutions?
Why can't a business live without an office printer?
How can you gain an edge with printer leasing?
How can you boost your productivity with laser printers?
How investing in laser printers can improve speed and efficiency?
How does the leasing of office printers work?
Why leasing your photocopier makes sense?
Printer-copiers: how are they cutting operating costs?